Sunday, August 9, 2009

So tomorrow is the first day of school. Although they were early mornings, I was gald Elizabeth had 7:30 swim. I knew it was keeping us on track for school. Until this past week happened. We had a toilet leak up in the upstairs last Sunday. It must have been running for about two hours. It flooded out into the hallway, and poured out through 3/4 of the garage ceiling. Needless to say we were freaking out. So it's been a crazy stressful week full of late nights, and all sorts of chaos. Details I'll share at a later date. Point being not the way to spend the week preparing for back to school. Mom and Mimi are also here, spending the weekend with us. So tonight we all sat down while Andrew gave Elizabeth her Father's blessing. Ethan sat quiet, but Eric ran circles around the coffee table, making plenty of noise. When Andrew was through Ethan hoppes right up into the chair.."I want one too." If I didn't know a picture would be inappropriate I would have taken a picture. Cutest thing. Eric kept jabbing him with his cobra snake saying.."here Ethan." during the prayer. I know he's so revrent. But as soon as they were done, Eric hopped into the chair.."my turn." This time I REALLY had to fight the urge for a pic. A sight I never want to forget. Eric sat quiet as a mouse with his Arms folded.."look mommy." "good job Eric." Then Andrew gave him a blessing too. He didn't budge or unfold his arms until he was through. I thought of Karen Wormell having a homecoming for her son from his mission tonight. And Stephen leaving on his in a matter of weeks. I am sure that moment will come all too soon for me, as I realize both my boys will seve at the same time. Like I mentioned I never want to forget this night, as each of my children sat with their wonderful father, and recieved a blessing from the Lord, and filled our home with the spirit. The walls may be torn apart, the floor trampled with drywall dust, my landlord seemingly unfair, the bank account runnung low, but I am truly blessed.

3 comments:

Jess ♥'s Joel said...

Oh my gosh Jess, I ♥ this post!!!

Cami D. said...

I just cried as I read this! You are a great Mom and how great to have special reminders like that - that Heavenly Father is aware of you in this crazy situation! Hope all went well today!

Los Torrientes said...

so cute. love it.