Sunday, September 13, 2009

Dinner on a Dime

This is surely of no interest to anyone, but I am going to be using my Blog for more of a journal than I have been. Since I can't manage to do it otherwise.

So I feel like it's been a challenge to eat healthy on such a tight budget. It seems the inexpensive stuff is often , the premade or boxed junk. But I think we're getting pretty good at it. Now that Andrew has jumped on the healthy bandwagon it's a lot easier.
Tonight we ate,
BBQ chicken breasts 6.00
Steamed Green Giant Corn .75
Scalloped potatoes .50
And crystal light lemonade free.
Then for Dessert we each had a Betty Crocker cake bowl .25
That's a pretty good dinner I think for $7.75
And I have one chix breast left over to make chicken ceaser salad for Andrew and I for lunch tomorrow. The bagged kit was .99.
I hope to continue getting better at feeding us on a budget.
I think this is the first month I am going to really maket it.
$400 includes all food, toiletries, diapers, and lunches for school.

2 comments:

The Queen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Queen said...

You spend $400 on all of that total for the whole month? Tell me your secrets, woman. I am just now getting into coupons because it is so ridiculous to be spending so much for food. The other day when I went to Ralphs and the guy informed me that my coupons were for Target I felt like crying right there in the checkout line.