Sunday, September 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Eric!!






Even thought we celebrated it last week, Eric turns two sometime tomorrow night. I honestly can't remember exactly what time. I honestly haven't even written down his birth story. Every time I try, I get too emotional and stop. I was induced the day he was born. They said I was dangerously low on amniotic fluid and sent me directly to the hospital. Justin and Marie kept 10 month old Ethan. And the Gilchrists kept Elizabeth. I was so glad that Jake, Meghan , and Dad arrived the next day.

I am so grateful for these pictures Tami Webb took of him. He was less than a week old. I admit I very sadly have forgotten so much of his first year. I was a bit busy, and now that I look back, wish I could have enoyed more of the days.I love this pic of him grabbing my face, because he did that so often when I held him. He was just the tiniest little thing. Dad and Jake went out and bought him some preemie clothes. And even those drowned him.

Maybe it was knowing he would be my last baby that made me so emotional over him, who knows.

My little tiny baby quickly grew into quite the little boy. He is the rougher tougher of the two for sure. He's attached to his binky more than either of the other two ever cares. He's daring, strong, persistant, and hilarious. At two he's talkeing, jumping off anything, riding bikes, playing ball ever since he could hold one, EATING, EATING, and MORE EATING, hitting (we're working on that one), making funny faces to make you laugh, singing, dancing machine, and finally has a head of hair.

It's been a tough road with two so little. But I wouldn't have it any other way. I am so glad the Lord knew better than I , and sent me Eric when I thought I was done.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY LITTLE MONKEY!

1 comment:

Jess ♥'s Joel said...

Oh my gosh Jess, what a sweet post! I will always remember cuddling with him that night we went quading, he was around 3 months old! What a fun night that was! I think it is so cool that your boys are so close in age and will forever be bff's. :)