Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Camera's back AGAIN!

So We loved our new camera, used it so much, the battery died. i didn't know this needed a special battery charger. It costs 49.99 at walmart, so I ordered one on amazon for under $5.oo w/ shipping. It came yesterday , so we're back in action. We had a fun month, wish we had pictures. Bike rides and rocket launches at the park. Aloha festival, which we will have to hit every year. Bounce jungle on spring break. A fun neighborhood potluck night at the park. But Spring Break is over, Elizabeth's back at school. And I am trying to organize life in general, as always. But we did have one great project over Spring break!
I had seen lots of people online making their own toy kitchens. I just love to repurpose things.So I got my hands on a cabinet, and off we went. Elizabeth was a little bit skeptical, " How is this ever going to be a kitchen?". She got out her own notepad and started sketching plans. It was a bit of work. I like projects done quick, this one took a few days. And I could not have done it without the hot carpenter I hired to help me out! Thanks Andrew.



As you can see we went for all stainless appliances. The gas grill is made out of rubber grip it circles, and popsicle sticks. Then I painted wooden wheels from Michaels for the knobs to turn.

We had some chalkboard paint in the garage so I made a chalkboard to put on the side. Andrew cut down and mounted this old busted up picture frame molding for it too.
The sink is on backorder, and should be delivered from Grandma any day now. We are still searching for just the right faucet for the sink, and three hooks for oven mits and aprons. But you all know I wont get them until I find them for virtually free. Until then we are whipping up a little bit of toy food here and there. My cupcake didn't turn out too tall, so we'll see how the next one goes. But the pasta and chocolate cookies are a success. The kids run in and cook with whatever I whip up. They are having so much fun with it!



2 comments:

Jason and Kate said...

Hello! That kitchen is freakin adorable. I'm impressed with your mad skillz. You are definitely a queen crafter in my book.

dan and ashley said...

seriously??? SOOOOSOOSOOOOOSOOOOOO cute!