Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Lollipop for breakfast


Eric woke up around 11:30 last night, and came into our room crying. "My penis hurts!" Over and over again. We changed his diaper, it looked fine. But he fussed and twisted , and jerked around for 15 minutes crying really hard. I was beginning to think that maybe he had a UTI, and was dreading it for him. Andrew went to start him a bath, to see if that would help. Once Andrew left the room, he turned to me and said,
"I don't want to go peepee in my diaper."
"What?! Do you want to use the potty?"
"YAH"
"Your bathroom or mine?"
"Yours"
So I quickly rush him in and set him on the potty. We have had SEVERAL unsuccessful attempts at this already. He has never gone in the potty. He has been too scared, sits on it, but that's it.
Right away he does it. I run get Andrew, and Eric does it again. He gives a little half chuckle. And he's done. Problem solved. I ran around frantically looking for a prize, which he has been promised to get when he goes. I wasn't prepared at 11:30 at night. But found a big lollipop from Disneyland. He took the bait. Ran into his room with it, and tried to wake up Ethan to tell him he'd used the potty. He was disappointed when I told him to save all this excitement for the morning. But he did, so it's lollipops for breakfast today.

No comments: