Friday, June 18, 2010

Father's Day Gifts



I have set a goal for our family this year. I am trying to have all gifts we give handmade. I think it makes everything more special. And give the kids a chance to put more thought into it. Plus let's face it it's usually a lot cheaper. So for Father's Day I have spent the majority of my 105 degree day, cleaning out the garage. Did quite a bit of organizing.Elizabeth organized tools, and shop vacced the whole thing. Then on to our project. We are making saw horses for Andrew. I have an old door to put across them, and he will have a work bench for his RC cars he's always working on. So I got all the wood cut at Lowes, and our neighbor lent us his miter saw. I think I'm in love, not with the neighbor, but the miter saw! I forgot wood screws, so we will have to assemble it in the morning. But Ethan and Elizabeth got all the pieces sanded tonight. So excited!

No comments: