Wednesday, August 31, 2011

First Day Of School

Tuesday morning only Ethan headed back to school. Elizabeth, poor thing, woke up with a stomach bug. She threw up all over, and had to stay home. My heart just broke for her!! It was a rough morning. She was so excited to start, and so disappointed to miss the first day. Luckily she was feeling better by the afternoon. And able to go the second day.



It was a big step for me, but I even let the kids pick their own back to school outfits. Ethan had to have this Rockstar shirt. And his cool new shoes.

Off we go. I didn't get a cool outfit for the first day, in case you didn't notice. hehe


Due to the mornings illness, we were running a bit behind.
So yes we had breakfast on the road. As you can see Eric wasn't too thrilled to send his brother off to school.









I got chocked up when I hugged him goodbye in the parking lot. but I stayed composed. But here's the moment I almost completely lost it. These boys have been constant companions. My two little babies. How did I go from carrying them in both arms, to sending one off to school? When the lady behind them walked by and giggled saying how cute.. I though oh lady you have no idea! I just love my little boys!






Ethan's new teacher Mrs. Gentry.











This is Ethan's buddy scout. They are in primary together, and have a lot of fun together.



Ethan reported every detail on his first day of school when he got home. He was so excited to have met the principal. has another boy names Ethan in his class. Climbed to the top of the monkey bars. Ate lunch with Scout and opened her crackers for her. Took a rest time, even though he felt fine, and got to sit at the desks, and the table. I was so thrilled he loved it. I neve doubted he would. Fortunately he got through his first day. By 4:00 he was on the couch with a tummy ache. Throwing up through the evening, he'll be missing the second day.




No comments: