Friday, November 21, 2008

Thank Goodness For Friends

So I was out having a pitty party for myself the other night. I had to run to Walgreens to got some deoderant after everyone had gone to bed. So I was taking a drive through the neighborhood, while snacking on my cupcake I had emotionally purchased as well. Yep I am an emotional eater. So I was tearing up to Faith Hill's "where are you Christmas" as I tend to feel that way before it's even suppose to arrive. I just was homesick. My sister drove down form Utah to Cali yesterday with her family. Her son Jamison is right inbetween my boys. That makes me the only one of all seven kids not there today. I can handle it except that on Monday they are going to Disneyland. We went every year as kids, even if we had to go collect cans to pay our way.We love it. Even as married adults we have gone every year.So this Fall we were suppose to take all the kids, and the boys have their first trip together. So I was bummed.Bummed to not walk around Old Town Pasadena with everyone, fight over what ride's next at Disneyland, check out the new Americana,visit old friends, go to Violet's Cakes, take the kids to the beach, ride the ponies and the train at griffith park, and all the other funt hings we do together. I haven't been to Cali since January, and don't know when I will get out there again. So I was out on my pity party, when I drove around the corner and Caught Aubryn and Cass out on a walk. Yes everyone has more will than I to work out. So I can't hate you all for your cute bods, you do earn them. I talked to them for awhile, and made up some lame excuse as to why I was driving aorund their hood. I wondered if they saw passed me in the dark car at the guilty wrapper. Probably. I felt so much better when I drove off probably 20 minutes later. Then today Tif watched my kids so I could go work in Elizabeth's class, which Nikki helped me put supplies together for. Then we went to luch together while the boys played. Cami has suffered way too many late night phone calls/therapy sessions from me this week, and Shannon invited me out to lunch for her Birthday. Last weekend I asked Heavenly Father why we should stay here. For what reason of my own is it not time to relocate. I told him reason I have. And this week he proved me, my friends are a huge rock in my life.Thanks.

4 comments:

Ali Hawkins said...

Hi Jessica, I loved your post! I understand the home sickness thing, but I want to be where you want to leave. It was really hard to leave all of my friends. I am glad you have such a great support system. Does Tiff have a blog? If she does and I don't know about it I am going to be pissed!

P.s. The pan is from michaels and you can get the papers there also.

Tiffany said...

Jess, You are here because we need you. Thanks for being a great friend.

nikkii said...

Jessica, I'm so thankful you are MY friend! You're the best! Thanks for always being there for me when I need someone! My family loves you too! :)

Cami D. said...

Jessica!! I am SO grateful you are needing to stay here because I need you and my therapy sessions with you! Thanks for 'getting' me and for sharing your stinkin cute kids with me and making me laugh til my side hurts. You are so great and I love your guts!

PS next time you have a pity party call me - I'll even bring presents! ha!