Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Shepherds Dinner



So I have to thank our friends the Spence family for this new tradition they shared with us. Our 1st annual Shepherds dinner. A night where we dress like shepherds and eat soup and broken bread as they would have. Suppose to be by candle light, but anyone who knows my boys would know why I opted for dimmed lights. We made Jenny Flakes delicious Loaded baked potato soup, love it! And I had the cutest little shepherd family. We spoke with the kids about how life and times were different in the days of Christ. Elizabeth wasn't wild about the artisin breads we had, but we had to stick with the theme.

2 comments:

Cami D. said...

Jessica seriously you are amazing! I wish you knew! :) That soup was to die for and I LOVE that you sent us with a "to go" Sheperd's dinner - oh how they would have loved to drive in a Tacoma while they ate it! :)We sure did! THANK YOU! By the way...I still have your dishes, look at me being such a good friend ha ha ha!

The Spence Family said...

Glad you love the tradition! We have so much fun doing it every year, though my mom can't talk anyone into dressing up anymore (too many teenagers and young adults with images to keep I guess).