Thursday, January 22, 2009

California

So we finally did it. Seriously it had been over a year since we had gone out home to LA. I don't know why. I think we had a couple trips planned last year, and each time the kids got sick. So friday I said lets just go, and we did. Elizabeth was so surprised and excited! She misses so much there. We had an awesome time! I have to say I am impressed at how cheap our trip was. I took all our food with us so we didn't have to eat out.I used two frozen roasts to keep the cooler cold, and off we went. It could only had been a better weekend if Julie and her family were there. We got to; see everyone, go to the beach, ride the horses train and carousel at Griffith Park, go out to dinner for Tess' birthday, spend an afternoon in old toown Pasadena, have yummy cupcakes from Violets, visit with Mimi,sneak in a late night hang out at Laurie's, make smores around a fire with Mom and Dad there (ABSOLUTE MIRACLE), ride the Trolley and see the water show at the new Americana in Glendale, see Brandon get his butt kicked at rummikube, play cards with the Johnson's, and my favorite part.. watch my kids laugh andplay with all their Grandparents, aunties, uncles, and cousin.
I am happy to be home. Some didn't think I'd return. I truly am finding it hard to understand how I can be happy and feel like I have roots in two different places. This year we hope to go home more often. On our way home elizabeth asked me why we can't just live in California now since everyone else is ther. I explained that it's so much fun when we go because we have no responsibility there, so she gets the best of both worlds with this deal. So I should take a listen myself.

5 comments:

Jess ♥'s Joel said...

Man, I am just TRACKING you down today. See what happens when you leave me a note on FB? ;) I emailed the salsa recipe. And let me know about next Thurs.
Your trip sounds so fun! I know what you mean about having your roots in two different places. That's how we feel about here and Utah.

nikkii said...

So glad your kids were healthly enough to get out of the house! Will you take me next time?

The Spence Family said...

I am so glad that you went to CA. We need to get together and catch up one of these days!

Cami D. said...

So it might seem like I am ignoring you but I'm just taking forever in getting back to you! HA!

I am SO glad you guys got to go - fun! You needed it and I'm slightly jealous I didn't sneak in your car with you. We could have angled my phone just right to run over it on the way out of town! HA!

Elizabeth DON'T LEAVE ME! C'mon girl we need to have more fun here so you won't want to huh!?

JB I am so wanting that recipe too...do share! :)

These Are The Days said...

I'm so envious, we've been wanting to go back to Cali for a long time, it just never happens. Glad you got away!