Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas

Christmas eve was relaxing. The kids and I went out on a long walk together in the afternoon. Then when daddy got home, we decorated cookies for Santa. With those all ready, we got ready to go out to dinner. We started this new tradition last year. I don't cook on Christmas Eve since it's only us. I do our nice dinner on Christmas day. We went to Outback since we had some gift cards to use. We has actually gone there the previous year as well. I thougt it was so funny that they sat us in the same booth! We truly juggled the boys inbetween bite, it was crazy.
When we got home we opened gifts that had been left from our 12 days of Christmas Elves. And then we always open one from under the tree. Elizabeth and I went online to track Santa. At that point he was finishing up in South America, and heading toward Florida. She became very anxious, and serious about us all getting to bed.
So we sprinkled our reindeer dust in the front and back yards, and put cookies and milk out for Santa.Ethan and Eric then snuck back downstairs to sample the cookies and they were off to bed. We had an awesome relaxing Christmas day. The kids loved all thier gifts. And thanks to Cassady showing me the ropes, we had quick easy yummy cinnamon rolls for breakfast. We hope everyone had as wondeful a Holiday as we did. And here we go off to a New Year!

1 comment:

Daytrippingmom Media said...

Jessica!!! Chica!! I am so glad I found you and Julie!! oh how I love facebook. You must add Liz- she is under my list of friends and Nadia too!! Oh this is so cool. Your family is so beautiful. Your kiddos are absolutely gorgeous!! I am so reading this blog from top to finish and if you don't mind I'm adding you to my blogroll list. I am so glad we are now in touch!! Yay for facebook and reconnecting with friends