Monday, September 22, 2008

 

 

 

 

Yeah Julie and Jamison are in town again!!! I scored some delicious Utah peaches, and she came to help me can them. Luckily it worked out that Terry needed some time to catch up on projects for school, so he was kind enough to let them come out.How cute are these kids,we love to get them together. We had a bit of a struggle getting started. We didn't expect the shortage of canning supplies in the valley! Seriously everyone was sold out of mason jars.But I hunted them down. Then my peaches weren't ripe enough, so we brown bagged them and put them in the pantry. This morning they were perfect! So we spent all day canning peaches with cute little boys playing under feet. It was my first time, and it was so fun.We finished with 24 quart jars. Why is it so rewarding to do this kind of stuff to me? I don't know, but it is.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: